Professional development training in neurodivergence awareness and customer and staff inclusive practice.
What We Offer
E-Learning and Face-to-Face training options in neurodivergence awareness and customer inclusive practice.
Why Study with Us
Capture the more than 30% of people living with a disability that feel their customer needs are often not fulfilled.
Why embrace the Neurodivergence of your customers?
- 36% of customers with a disability feel that they receive less support than those without a disability.
- 15-20% of people globally identified as living with an intellectual disability.
- In Australia 1 in 150 people live with Autism.
- A person with a disability is three times more likely to bypass an organisation if their diversity reputation is negative, and twice as likely to discourage others.
- 22% of businesses are likely to make changes soon to improve their service accessibility for people with a disability, but over 57% are unsure of what action to take or feel they haven’t received specific requests.
Why embrace Neurodivergence within your workplace?
- Evidence shows that at the employee level, diverse and inclusive teams outperform their peers by 80% in team-based assessments*
- People living with autism are three times more likely to be unemployed than those living with a disability and eight times more than those without.
- People living with neurodivergence are 30% more productive than non-neurodivergent people^
- Diverse teams are happier and more productive, too. In fact, neurodiversity is a competitive advantage according to Harvard Business Review.
- 1 in 8 people are living with neurodivergence in Australia.
*Deloitte Australia research; research report, Sydney 2013. ^Preliminary results: program run by the Australian Department of Human Resources).
Embracing Neurodivergence Inclusion Workshops
An exploration of neurodivergence and implementing policies and strategies into your business and service delivery.
Advisory and consulting service designed to support and educate businesses and facilities interested in creating NeuroSmart events and spaces.
Certificate of Completion- Embracing Neurodivergence Inclusion
A short course introducing neurodivergence and how inclusive practices can improve outcomes and experiences for your neurodivergent staff, customers or clients.
Why study with us?
Effectively respond to and support neurodivergent individuals in the community.
Retain your top talent and be more profitable and innovative by being part of the international Neurodiversity Movement that recognises that workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion are good for employees and businesses.
Evidence-based response practices designed by professionals in the field of neurodivergence intervention.
Through our training you will be able to:
Build trust and confidence with neurodivergent customers and clients.
Equip yourself and your staff with the skills and understanding that promote best practices and ensures your neurodivergent customers, clients, and staff have positive experiences and outcomes.
Create a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for individuals who are neurodivergent and their families.
Build your confidence in working with individuals with neurodiverse conditions and their families.
Learn how to effectively identify, understand, and respond to individuals who are neurodivergent or living with other sensory needs.
Connect with community groups and organisations to promote your business on our online Initiative Partners platform.
Expand your community recognition and relevance and build a client base with access to an ever-expanding support community and word-of-mouth recommendations.
Access various levels of training and consulting services that can be tailored to your business and specific industry.
Upcoming Training Events
Throughout the year The Neurodiversity Initiative hosts a number of workshops and events. Keep an eye out on our socials for information on our upcoming events.
The Neurodiversity Initiative is committed to caring for the health and well-being of our partners and clients and in supporting health officials and government leaders. If you are interested in hosting a workshop for your business and becoming an Embracing Neurodivergence Partner, please CONTACT US to discuss options and how we will meet safety guidelines.
Hear what our community have to say . . .
“to a someone walking into a completely strange spot where I’m already heightened to see familiar things like key sensory regulation and know I have support, immediately brings me to (a place of) security, reassurance and lowers my anxiety”
“I think the hardest part of having a child with a delay of any kind is the fight: The fight for services. The fight for people to understand who your child is and what they need. The fight for knowledge, because knowledge is power. And the quiet fight you have within yourself wondering if you’ve left no stone unturned.”
“The workshop was really relaxed, interactive and informative. It was really useful to learn how to approach (someone) in distress and the tools to assist them.”
“It was great to get an idea of what someone is going through. The stories of real-life experiences.”
“I really like that the workshop gave me more awareness about how someone who has Autism and their families can be approached in difficult situations. The information was very useful and can also be applied in my teaching as well.”
“I found the training to be interesting and I learnt a lot. I enjoyed gaining knowledge in an area that I know very little about and the interactive group discussion.”